NSFAS Application for the 2022 academic year has been opened and all interested applicants can check the online application information by following this LINK.
The NSFAS Online application will be open till January 2022. All interested and qualified persons must submit their applications before the closing date.
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
Students qualify to get NSFAS funding if you are a South African citizen or permanent resident who plans on registering or already studying at a public university or TVET college in South Africa and they will fall within one or more of the below categories:
- SASSA grant recipients (the SASSA COVID-19 grant does not count);
- Persons whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year;
- Persons living with disabilities with a combined household income not more than R600 000 per annum.
The correct supporting documents are important in ensuring that NSFAS process your funding application in time for your registration at an institution of higher learning.
Students must go through the list of required supporting documents that I will mention to ensure that they have all of them before they start with the application process:
- All applicants must provide a copy of ID. A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted;
- Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian or spouse;
- Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided;
- Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA) should provide latest payslip not older 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse).
It must be noted that no affidavits will be accepted as proof for any funding requirement.
How and where to apply
YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE VIA WWW.NSFAS.ORG.ZA
USING A CELLPHONE, TABLET AND COMPUTER.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO APPLY:
Step 1: Go to www.nsfas.org.za(link is external) and click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
Step 2: Create a myNSFAS account
Step 3: Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen
Step 4: Upload required supporting documents where applicable
Step 5: Click on ‘Submit’
If you do not have a digital device or access to the internet, do not stress, simply pop into your nearest National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) or Thusong Centre to apply following the same steps.
Prospective students are urged to apply to institutions via their application processes for a study place, as funding is only offered to students who are eligible for funding from NSFAS (financial eligibility) and who obtain a firm place to study in an approved programme at a public institution.
Prospective students can access the NSFAS application portal at (website address). www.nsfas.org.za(link is external)
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET APPLY FOR NSFAS FUNDING, VISIT OR CONTACT:
NSFAS VIA THE PLATFORMS BELOW:
- myNSFAS Portal : www.nsfas.org.za(link is external) and log into your myNSFAS account;
- Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme;
- Twitter page: @myNSFAS;
- Instagram: @myNSFAS Email: [email protected](link is external)
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za(link is external)