Department Of Public Service Commission Vision, the PSC derives its mandate from sections 195 and 196 of the Constitution, 1996.
The PSC is tasked and empowered to, amongst others, investigate, monitor, and evaluate the organisation and administration of the Public Service.
This mandate also entails the evaluation of achievements, or lack thereof of Government programmes. The PSC also has an obligation to promote measures that would ensure effective and efficient performance within the Public Service and to promote values and principles of public administration as set out in the Constitution, throughout the Public Service.
A champion of Public Service excellence in democratic governance in South Africa..
To promote the constitutionally enshrined democratic values and principles throughout the Public Service by-
- investigating, monitoring, evaluating the organisation and administration, and personnel practices;
- proposing measures to ensure the effective and efficient performance;
- issuing directions with regards to personnel procedures relating to the recruitment, transfers, promotions and dismissals;
- advising on personnel practices; and
- reporting on its activities.