Department Of Women’s And Child Development Punjab, The Department of Social Security and Development of Women & Children, Punjab started functioning in the year 1955. From 1955-89, the Department worked for the welfare of Widows & Destitute women; Old Age Persons; Blind and Mentally Retarded and Orphaned & Dependent children along with steps to curb immoral trafficking. For this period, the Department was a part of the bigger Department of Social Welfare. In 1989, the Department of Social Welfare was bifurcated into the Department of Social Security and Department of Welfare of SCs and BCs.
Social Security Wing
As per the Government of Punjab (Allocation of Business) Rules, following subjects fall within the purview of the Department of Social Security:
- All matters relating to the welfare of physically handicapped persons including:-
- Institutional services for the blind, deaf and dumb and orthopedically handicapped
- Scholarships to the handicapped students
- Sheltered workshop
- Prosthetic aid to the physically handicapped persons
- Financial assistance to victims of chronic diseases
- Educational and vocational facilities for the mentally retarded children
- Vocational Rehabilitation Centers for the handicapped
- Marriage grants for the rehabilitation of handicapped
- Braille Press of Library for the visually handicapped
- Policy regarding reservation for physically handicapped persons in the services
- Eradication of beggary.
- All measures for social security such as :-
- Financial assistance to dependent children
- Financial assistance to widow and destitute women
- Financial assistance to permanently disabled persons
- Pension to the aged and the infirm; and
- Institutional services for the aged
- All matters relating to social research and training including establishment of Research-cum-Information Centers for conducting social survey and disseminating information, monitoring and evaluation and conducting of training programme for social workers.
- All matters relating to the financial assistance in the shape of grant-in-aid to voluntary welfare organizations, State awards for persons or organizations working in the field of Social Welfare and Field Counseling for the improvement and expansion of programmes run by the Voluntary Welfare Organizations.
- All matters relating to relief measures including:
- Care and maintenance of inmates in various Homes or infirmaries and privately managed relief institutions located in the State
- Financial assistance for educational purposes to son, or wards or destitute displaced widows living outside Homes and Infirmaries
- Payment to cash allowances to displaced persons living outside homes and infirmaries
- Payment of stipends to trainees and outside doles
- Settlement of old outstanding claims etc. in respect of defunct relief institutions
- Training of inmates of Homes and Infirmaries in different vocational and professional courses
- All matters relating to Social Health, anti-drug addiction measures and counseling services for families in distress and those affected by social atrocities and social maladies etc.
Women & Child Development Wing
In the year 1975, when Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) was launched, the Department took a giant leap with extension in the range of services imparted related to Children in the age of 0-6 years & pregnant ladies & lactating mothers. Since then it has extended its scope & scale of operation with today being run across 22 Districts 155 projects with 26656 Anganwari Centres. Further in the year 1984, Department of WCD was formed as a separate Department under HRD Ministry in the Union Govt. In 2004, the Department was upgraded to a full fledged independent Ministry. In the year 2007, at the state level the Directorate of Social Security was bifurcated into two wings Social Security and Women & Child Development.
As per the Government of Punjab (Allocation of Business) Rules, following subjects fall within the purview of the Department of Women & Child Development:
- All matters relating to child welfare including:
- Recreating facilities through Holidays Homes, Day Camp, Teens Tour Programmers and Children Clubs;
- Institutional and non-institutional services for the orphaned, illegitimate, unclaimed and destitute children through orphanages, BalBhawans, foster-care and adoption services.
- Integrated Child Development Services.
- Crash Nutrition Programme including Supplementary Nutrition.
- Family and Child Welfare Projects.
- National Children’s Fund.
- Institutional and non-institutional Services under the Juvenile Justice Act, 1996.
- All matters relating to the Administration of Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929.
- Child budgeting.
- All matters relating to Women including:
- Welfare Extension Project for Women in rural areas.
- Homes for widows and destitute women.
- Hostels for working girls.
- Nutrition and health services to the pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Welfare measures for the women rescued from moral danger.
- Setting up Protective Homes under Suppression of Immoral Traffic in Women and Girls Act, 1956 and matters connected thereto.
- After care services for the discharge of Correctional and Non-correctional Institutions
- Anti dowry measures; and
- Gender budgeting.
- All matters relating to the Administration of the Punjab Women and Children Development and Welfare Corporation Act, 1979.
- All matters relating to Women Empowerment.
- Mahila Mandals.
- Planning research, evaluation, monitoring and establishment of production and training centers for women and children.
- Punjab State Commission for Women;
- All kind of crimes against Women including:
- Violence against Women.
- Sexual harassment for women and;
- The Commission of Sati Prevention Act, 1987.
- All residual matters concerning the development of Women and Children.
Woman and Child Development Department Recruitment Punjab – Apply now for 85 posts:
Best Opportunity for the candidates waiting for the latest Punjab Govt. jobs in Aanganwadi. Women and Child Development Department Jalandhar Punjab had released a Woman and Child Development Department Recruitment Punjab notification for the recruitment of new staff for vacant posts in various departments. Applications are invited from young and dynamic persons of Indian nationality. Women and Child Development Department Jalandhar Punjab has released Advertisement for the recruitment of 85 Vacancies.
The details of the qualification, experience, pay scale and other criteria are furnished below: Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for Woman and Child Development Department Recruitment Punjab can apply online on or before 08-08-2018 through the official website. Other details like age, application fee, selection process, pay scale, essential qualification, and how to apply are given as under:
Vacancy details for Woman and Child Development Department Recruitment Punjab are given as under:
No. of posts: 85
Essential Qualification: Educational Qualification is different for different type of posts. Candidate must possess 10th standard from the recognized Board. Candidate must have knowledge of Punjabi Language. For more details refer the recruitment advertisement.
Age: Candidates age must be between 18-35 years as per different type of posts. Age relaxation is as per govt. rules. For more details refer the recruitment advertisement.
Selection Process: Selection of Candidates for Woman and Child Development Department Recruitment Punjab will be based Interview.
How to Apply: Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for Woman and Child Development Department Recruitment Punjab can apply online on or before 08-08-2018 through the official website. For further details like age, selection process, pay scale, essential qualification, refer the recruitment advertisement.
Important Links and Downloads– Click here
Eligible Candidates may advise to keep in touch with our website to know more about this post. All contents detailed here shall prevail. All notices shall also be displayed here about this post.