Department Of Trade And Industry Z83 Form, this guide is intended to assist any person who wishes to register as a macro manufacture and/or distributor of liquor.
All macro manufacturers and/or distributors of liquor must be registered with the National Liquor Authority (NLA). The prospective registrant has to complete and submit the required information in a prescribed manner and submit it to the NLA.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A MANUFACTURING AND/OR DISTRIBUTION LICENCE
To apply for a distribution and/or manufacturing registration, applicants need to visit the NLA online system on: https://thenla.thedti.gov.za. All instructions should be properly followed.
INSTRUCTION A: SHAREHOLDERS INFORMATION
The applicant should provide the following information:
- Name(s) of applicant
- Race of applicant
- Gender of applicant
- Identity number of applicant
- Address of applicant
INSTRUCTION B: FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THE LIQUOR INDUSTRY
- The prospective registrant should indicate if they receive financial income from another entity within the liquor industry, e.g. ownership of a retail outlet, having shares in companies involved in the liquor trade etc.
- The prospective registrant should state where he/she has a financial interest in the liquor industry within the republic, and provide the information equally in respect of each shareholder, member, partner or beneficiary if the applicant or transferee is not an individual.
INSTRUCTION C: B-BBEE AND COMBATING ALCOHOL ABUSE
- The applicant needs to indicate their commitment in respect of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Codes of Good Practice (the codes can be accessed here.
- The applicant is expected to propose a contribution towards combating liquor abuse; he/she can make financial and/or non-financial contributions.