Department Of Trade And Industry Vacancies, the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) plays a key role in the transformation of the South African economy to ensure broader and meaningful participation by all sectors of society. The aim of the dti is to facilitate sustainable economic activity and employment for all South Africans
Why work for us
When joining the dti, you join South Africa’s economic pulse and a rainbow nation with diverse workforce. the dti is well positioned in the heart of the country’s Capital City, Pretoria. This location makes it easier for both clients and employees to access our central location. Our modern Campus is well equipped with tranquil gardens and a wellness clinic with an occupational nurse.
Our on-site Learning Center provides all employees with personal development opportunities, from seminars (local and international), conferences, workshops, and training courses (internal and external) as well as on the job skills transfer through mentoring and coaching.
Apply for positions
Registering on our e-Recruitment system adds your details into the dti talent pool and also has the following benefits:
- Once-off registration – a quick and easy web-based method to apply for advertised positions, anywhere, anytime;
- Receive personally tailored job alerts based on the preferences you have provided, so you need never miss an advertised position again;
- Receive immediate confirmation of your applications and track your application status;
- Receive updates on the positions you have applied for as well as general communications;
- Inclusion in the dti talent database will ensure that your CV will be considered for head-hunted positions available at the department; and
- Maintain and update your CV in a few easy steps.
Attention: Job scam alert
the dti is aware of an advertisement currently circulating on social media claiming that the Department and Transnet is recruiting for general work posts in all nine provinces. Please note that this is not the case and the message is a hoax. All posts that are available and open for application are advertised on the dti‘s official website in the careers section.