Department Of Public Works Job Description
Public works laborers perform various cleaning and maintenance tasks for a city, state or county government. Because they work for government agencies, public works employees are often entitled to benefits that regular maintenance workers are not.
Public works laborers need basic reading and writing skills and must be in good physical shape. The duties of public works laborers can run the gamut from collecting trash, to trimming trees and bushes along public rights of way, to janitorial duties.
Public works laborers generally work standard hours during the morning, afternoon, or evening shifts. They may be required to put in overtime during an emergency or disaster.
- DPWI External Adverts Advertised on the 16 January 2022Application Closing 11 Feb 2022
- External posts advertised on the 31 Oct 2021Application Closing 19 Nov 2021
- External posts advertised on the 26 Sep 2021Application Closing 15 Oct 2021
- External posts advertised on the 12 Sep 2021Application Closing 04 Oct 2021
- External post advertised on the 29 Aug 2021Application Closing 17 Sep 2021
- Advert DPSA 13 Aug 2021Application Closing 27 Aug 2021
- Adverts DPSA 30 July 2021Application Closing 20 Aug 2021