Department Of Higher Education And Training Bursaries 2016, The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) introduced the FET Colleges Bursary Scheme to provide access to vocational education and training at public FET colleges for talented students who are in financial need.
These are the requirements you need to meet to qualify for the FET Colleges Bursary Scheme:
- South African citizenship.
- Enrolled or intending to enrol for the NC(V) programmes or other approved programmes.
- In need of financial assistance.
- Able to demonstrate potential for academic success.
How to apply
- Contact your nearest Public FET College, enrol for an NV(C) or Report 911 “Nated” Programmes and apply for a bursary
- Applications open in September each year
- For more information contact the departmental call centre on 0800 87 22 22 or visit a college near you.
What is a FET College?
Further Education and Training (FET) refers to education and training provided from Grades 10 to 12, including career-oriented education and training offered in technical colleges, community colleges and private colleges.
FET colleges are playing a growing role in the provision of the intermediate to higher-level skills required to support economic growth and development.
Visit the FET colleges website for more information.