Department Of Cooperative Governance And Traditional Affairs 2018 Bursary Applications
The COGTA Ministry comprises of the Department of Cooperative Governance and the Department of Traditional Affairs. Key elements and Constitutional foundations of CoGTA’s mandate:
- System of Cooperative Government (Chapter 3 of the Constitution)
- Provinces (Chapter 6 of the Constitution)
- Local Government (Chapter 7 of the Constitution)
- Traditional Leaders (Chapter 12 of the Constitution)
A functional and developmental local government system that delivers on its Constitutional and legislative mandates within a system of cooperative governance
This Vision is in line with the objectives of Chapter 13 of the National Development Plan: ‘Building a capable and developmental State’
Our mission is to ensure that all municipalities perform their basic responsibilities and functions consistently by:
- Putting people and their concerns first;
- Supporting the delivery of municipal services to the right quality and standard;
- Promoting good governance, transparency and accountability;
- Ensuring sound financial management and accounting; and
- Building institutional resilience and administrative capability.
This mission is directly adopted from the 5 Pillars of the Back to Basics Campaign.
Guided by the spirit of Batho Pele, our values are:
- Commitment to public service.
- Integrity and dedication to fighting corruption.
- A hands-on approach to dealing with local challenges.
- Public participation and people centered approach.
- Professionalism and goal orientation.
- Passion to serve.
- Excellence and accountability.
Adherence to these values will contribute towards the required state of Local Government.
Tel: 012 334 0600
Get the 2018 bursary application requirements, closing dates and procedures for of Department Of Cooperative Governance And Traditional Affairs. The application forms can also be downloaded from here